Thursday, February 19, 2015

My hopes for Power Rangers in Monster Jam trucks

 
 
 
My grandnephew is five years old, he has loved Monster Jam trucks since he was little and as much as Power Rangers. For those who do not know, Monster Jam is an show that goes throughout the United States with trucks and it is like a race/event. The trucks has drivers, who 'compete' against each other but it is orchestrated as much as pro wrestling is. Mattel makes the Hot Wheels and Monster Jam toys. It is a huge market. My grandnephew Jaiden has wanted a Power Rangers Monster truck for years.
 
Many popular franchises have trucks like the Teenage Ninja Turtles. Only one turtle actually has a truck. Above is Raphael. They did plan more trucks but it never happen. I am not sure how it is decided but I heard one truck was canceled and parts were used for another truck. I think it has to do with sales.
 
The other turtles have gotten toy trucks. But Raphael has gotten the most since it is actually a real truck. Just like Power Ranger toys, Monster Jam has different version of trucks like small, radio control, plush, etc.
 

Other franchises that have truck include Batman...

and Superman. No other DC comics superheroes have trucks.

Marvel has a bunch like Captain America...

Thor...

Hulk...

Wolverine and Iron Man. Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Captain America are the most popular ones. Thor and Hulk are rather new. Masters of the Universe He-Man had a chance, he had a Monster Truck toy, the real truck was planned but never made. Monster Jam trucks don't only come in Superheroes but their own inventions and names like Grave Digger, El Toro Loco, Diablo, Black Stallion, Stone Crusher, etc. So I also wanted a Power Rangers Monster truck. I have been trying to research on how is possible.
 
I think it has to do with sales with Hot Wheels and other factors. I think Power Rangers had its chance and it was some how blown unintentionally. Mattel brought out Power Rangers-themed Hot Wheels cars in 2013 with Megaforce. All the six Megaforce Rangers and Vrak got a car. Sales were low, so they never made more. I bought all the cars, my Nephew still has them and love them. My theory----which is not supported with any evidence other than little clues I displayed above about popularity and sales--- is that if Hot Wheels/Power Rangers sales went well, they would had lead to more Hot Wheels and then a Monster Jam toy, if the Monster Jam toy went well, then they would actually made a truck. But finding Monster Jam and Power Ranger adult fans are hard to find. With kids, maybe more. It doesn't mean one day it won't happen. But hopefully before my grandnephew grows out of Power Rangers and Monster Jam.


No comments: